Saturday, March 31, 2012

First Outdoor Meet As A Kohawk


Kohawk Track and Field!
Today was my first collegiate outdoor meet, and I was lucky enough to race in the 1500 and the 800. We went as a team to go compete at the Central Open, in Pella Iowa, about an hour and a half away.

My friend Sheldon Magee, 400 runner for UNI

 The meet was full of great teams and great competition. I was also lucky enough to get to see a friend from home, who is running for University of Northern Iowa (Luckily I didnt race against him...). My first race was the 1500, and I ended up being faster than expected, I was pretty happy with my first ever 1500 race as a whole, but I know that there is still plenty of work to be done. The 800 was about an hour later, and I had another solid race, but again, I look forward to the next two weeks of practice, and continuing to work on my form, and be ready to run even better in two weeks at Cornell. Overall, it was a great meet, with beautiful weather, and a long day filled with alot of crazy team bonding, I love our team, and I love how close everyone is, and I know that together, we are going to make the rest of this season one that we will never forget!
Until The Next Adventure,
Ryan Rey
 P.S. As good as we all look in the picture at the beginning of this blog, thats not really us, this next one is really how our track team really operates
Kohawk Track and Field at our Finest

No comments:

Post a Comment