Sunday, March 18, 2012

Formal!

     This weekend was without a doubt one of my favorites since I have been at Coe! At practice on Friday, we all wore our green for St. Patricks day, and it was a fun chance to get to dress up and take some goofy pictures.
The Team in Green!, and a little blue...?
 Later on Friday night, I was lucky enough to get to see a few of my close friends from home, and show them around Campus. They were both from schools much bigger than Coe, and they really liked how small Coe's Campus is. One thing that really stuck out for me during their visit was how suprised they were that I knew almost everyone on campus. After being at Coe for almost a year now, I can't Imagine NOT knowing the majority of people, and always saying hi and being friendly. The next morning, my friends had to return to their schools, and I had to go get ready for my first ever Fraternity Formal.
       In my last blog, I mentioned that I was planning on accepting a bid to join the Phi Kappa Tau, and since then I have associated, and am beginning my process of becoming a member. It has been a great experience, and they are a great group of guys who I know will always have my back. Since I am an associate, I was able to attend their formal. The Dance took place at the same hotel as Homecoming, but was so much more fun! Unlike homecoming, we were all able to not only dance, but also have awesome food, and enjoy swimming in the hotel pool. This whole weekend shows what Coe is really about and that is Family. All weekend instead of being treated like just another freshman, I was treated like a person. The Guys in the Fraternity welcomed me like I have been there my whole life, and like I belonged there, instead of like the "New Guy". I think it is experiences like these ones that you don't get at those bigger schools, and I am sure that the rest of the semester will be filled them!
Until The Next Adventure,
  Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment