Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coe College's Adventure to Minnesota

A bunch of us with ROY GRIAK!

Sponge Bob and I at Mall of America
The weekend of September 24th, the whole Cross Country Team traveled to Minneapolis for a giant Cross Country meet.  At this meet, there were over 300 colleges and thousands of high school and college runners competing.  This meet was named after legendary retired coach from the University of Minnesota, named Roy Griak.  Coming into the meet with that many people, the chances of me getting to meet Mr. Griak were slim to none, but after hours of searching and running around meeting new people, I was finally able to meet the LEGENDARY Roy Griak.  Overall the meet went pretty well, but the highlight was really getting to meet Roy Griak.  After our meet on Saturday, our team got to go to the Mall of America and I was so excited!  Most people spent their day shopping, but instead of shopping, I spent my day at Camp Nickelodeon riding the rides!  It was lots of fun!  On Sunday we had the long bus ride back to Coe.  One thing that is really great at being at a school like Coe is how close our Cross Country team has gotten.  As the season has progressed, we have become more and more like a family.  Until the next adventure, keep reading, or until anyone else gives me a better tag line......Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment