Monday, September 19, 2011

Homecoming Week at Coe

Cheering on Coe's Win at the Football Game! We look really enthusiastic!

My Tie Looks REAL Cute.  Right?
This past week Coe celebrated Homecoming.  Some of the big parts of the celebration included; sidewalk drawing competitions, (the track team took 2nd <3)  a giant pep rally, the annual follies celebration with the Homecoming Court, crowning the Homecoming King and Queen, the football game (we beat Simpson), and the Homecoming Dance.  For all of you high school students out there who think you know what a Homecoming Celebration looks like, think again!  This dance was so much better than anything that a high school could put on!  (And I did go to a high school that puts lots of time and effort into Homecoming.)  I was considering not going to the Homecoming Dance but, in the end, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to suit up.  I'm so glad I ended up going; it was so much better than I expected and I met lots of awesome new friends!  Unlike high school, everyone goes to the dance together, instead of having to go with one specific date.  The thing that really amazed me about Homecoming week was that, even in high school (my high school was bigger than Coe), everyone kind of did their own things during homecoming week but here at Coe, everyone was together the whole week and I've grown so much closer to my classmates and friends.  That's something that I really don't think happens at big state schools.  Overall, it's been a great first month at Coe; thank you so much for reading my blog.  To all the Kohawks reading this, thanks for letting me be a part of your family!  Until the next adventure.......Ryan Rey

P.S. -  Just realized how lame my tag line sounds, any suggestions for a new one?  Please email me at rcrey@coe.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment