Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cross Country Meet in Osh Kosh and Fall Break

Running at the OshKosh Meet
This past weekend, we were able to travel via coach bus to another gigantic Cross Country meet in Oshkosh , Wisconsin.  One of my favorite things about going to all of these meets is the food!   On the way to Oshkosh, we stopped at a place called "Noodles and Company" which I had never been to before!  It turned out to be the best spaghetti I have ever had!  Besides the food, this meet was really exciting for me because lots of my teammates from high school were also going to be racing at this meet.  Some of these teams included the University of Wisconsin at Osh Kosh, Benedictine University, Aurora University, and North Central College.  Even though it was ridiculously windy, I ran my personal best by about a minute.

After the meet, my dad picked me up and brought me home to Plainfield for fall break.   Fall break means no school Monday and Tuesday!  It was nice to see everyone in Plainfield and run with my high school Cross Country Team and have my mom cook and clean for me again.  (Just kidding; she can't cook!)  Lucky for my parents, another freshman at Coe was nice enough to give me a ride back to school.  So here I am, Sunday night, waiting for another adventure to begin and packing for my adventure to Madison later this week.  Until the next adventure.......Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment