Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week of the Home Meet

Charlie Kohawk Came To Our Home Cross Country Meet!
The week of September 25-30 was full of awesome things (and makeup work).  (I had makeup work to do because I had missed the Friday before in order to run at the Griak meet.)  I am going to concentrate on what happened at our home Cross Country meet that Friday.  That Friday afternoon, Coe hosted a Cross Country meet against cross-town rivals, Mount Mercy University.  More importantly, this meet was also against the Coe Cross Country alumni.  I was so excited; I had raced in home meets in high school but had never seen so many of my classmates at a Cross Country meet.  Everyone came out to support our team; Charlie Kohawk was even there!    It was a great race and meeting the alumni was an awesome experience.  After the race, everyone on our team headed back to Coe for Senior Cross Country banquet at the PUB.  When most people say "banquet" you think dressed up, fancy food, etc.  but this was so much better!  Instead of getting dressed up, we wore our sweats from the meet and instead of having that cruddy fancy food, we got cheeseburgers!  The thing that really stuck out in my mind about this banquet was at the end when all the Seniors had a chance to speak.  Their assignment was to talk about their last four years here, running for Coe and offer some advice to the current underclassmen.  At this point it really hit me that Coe College's Cross Country team is building more than just runners, it's building leaders and people who are going to be successful in the next stages of their lives.  I know I made the right choice in choosing Coe!  Until the next adventure....Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment