Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Blogs!

I was fortunate enough to come back to Coe on the 2nd of January for track practice. That means that for a whole 8 days, I didn't have to take any classes, and I could just focus on running. Originally it was sort of boring, as you can imagine, running gets old pretty fast! After a couple of days, I settled in, and got to do alot of brand new things along the way. One different thing about being at Coe before everyone else, was that the Caf wasn't open, so i was responsible for feeding myself! As a 19 year old guy, this is a huge responsibility, because if i had it my way, I would have eaten hot pockets and ice cream cake every single day. Luckily, a couple of the girls on the track team took me grocery shopping, and made sure I bought plenty of healthy foods, like fruits and vegetables. Clearly I wasn't ready for the responsibility of feeding myself! During the week, there were a bunch of sporting events at Coe, like the Guys and Girls basketball games against Wartburg, and the Wrestling meet against Air Force! During my first semester, I studied alot, and wasn't able to attend many sporting events, but it was great was to have all this free time, and be able to support all of the atheletes here at Coe! One thing I really love about athletics here at Coe, is that everyone really is like a family, from the basketball players to the runners, to the wrestlers. It is an awesome feeling knowing that you have all of these athletes and coaches following your season,and doing everything they can to help you succeed. After seeing how well our wrestlers and basketball players competed, this week really got me pumped up and ready to make all of Kohawk Nation proud during the upcoming track season
  Until the next adventure,  Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment