Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

When I heard that I was going to be able to travel to Wisconsin to watch Kyle and Keelie run the national meet, I was really excited. This is going to sound stupid, but ever since I was a little kid, I watched these huge college meets on TV, and hoped one day I would get a chance to run in them, and now here I was 19 years old, acting like a kid in a candy store because I got to go watch one. We left early Saturday morning with Shea Jordan Jon and Keenan, all crammed into a small car, it was uncomfortable, but honestly I didn’t care, I was so excited. In high school I ran in some pretty huge meets, but when I got to Oshkosh on that day, I was awestruck by the number of people there, this was Cross Country not football, we weren’t supposed to have fans, but here they were, people from all  over the nation, gathered to watch some of the greatest runners  in America leave everything they had on that course. Kyle and Keelie both did a great job of representing Coe, as Kyle was in the front pack of runners for a very quick first mile, and Keelie showed her amazing track speed with a great kick at the end. After the meet, I got to shake the hand of the overall winner, and talk to a couple of the guys from the winning team, talking to them, and seeing how dedicated they all were really opened my eyes. I knew that in the next three years, there was nothing I wanted more than to get to race at these meets, and show everyone that I too could be great. With thanksgiving less than a week away, I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been a part of a great team, and I look forward to the next three years and know that great things are in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment