Saturday, January 21, 2012

Busy week at Coe

The last eight days at Coe have been extremely busy! Personally I have had my first two meets as a Kohawk, along with my first week of classes, and balancing work and practice with other important things, like eating.... Last saturday I began my Coe track career with an 800 meter run at the University of Dubuque. I made a mistake, and ran the first half of my race pretty fast, before slowing down and not finishing as well as I had hoped. Even though my performance wasnt as good as I had hoped, my teammates and coaches were very supportive, and I know that as time goes on I will learn from my mistake, and improve. After the meet was over, we went to this place called Pizza Ranch for a team dinner.The pizza was great, and it was awesome being able to spend some time with the whole team. During the week, I was very busy with classes and homework, ( Yes it's true, I had homework on the first day of second semester!) so I didn't really get a chance to do much other than running, homework, workstudy, and eating, but it is definately great being back at Coe, because even on days where everything is sort of boring and repetive, you are still able to find little things to enjoy. This week I found myself enjoying little things all week; things like chicken nuggets in the Caf, Tang and random conversation in the writing center, Madden with my roomate, and simply meeting new people everyday. After a long, but productive week, it was time race again. This race was at Cornell, and I was pretty excited to a part of the long historic rivalry. I ran the 800 again, and I learned from my mistake, I went out slower, and put myself in a postition to run great! As a team both our guys and girls were able to beat Cornell, but they are a strong team, and we still have plenty of work to do. Our next meet is in two weeks, back on the great side of the Mississippi, at Illinois Wesleyan!
Until the Next Adventure, Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment