Sunday, September 4, 2011

Classes Begin for the Kohawk Class of 2015.........SCARY!


(Above:  Our Freshman Class on our first day here at Coe!)

Classes Begin:  The last thing our freshman class did as a part of Orientation was to individually meet with our Advisors about choosing our classes.  My Advisor was super-awesome and told me which classes I would definitely need to take in order to graduate, even though I'm not completely sure what I plan to major in yet.  After we picked our classes, we got to enjoy our last weekend together as a class before the "real world" started and classes began.  I am taking a politics class, an accounting class, my FYS class about Sustainability, an English class, and a Writing Class.  (for the writing center)  Most of my classes fall on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, so I originally thought that maybe Tuesdays and Thursdays would be my days off.....boy was I WRONG!  It turns out between homework, writing center, my work study job, eating, Cross Country practice and doing my own laundry there's no such thing as that "day off."  But I love it anyway!  College is a great experience so far and I look forward to the rest of the year for sure!  I love the fact that everyone at Coe is already like family; from the Cross Country Team, to the staff in charge of my work study, to all the other freshman, to my awesome CAP group (the extreme heat), to our CAP leader brooke, to my random new friends, to the whole Writing Center staff and Dr. Bob, to my advisor, Professor Hayes.   Everyone here in Iowa is so friendly and I know I've made the right choice!   Thanks for reading my blog, and if you are a prospective student or parent or a friend of Coe that would like to see any specific questions answered, please email me at rcrey@coe.edu.  If not, I may be forced to make up my own ridiculous questions and answer them, so please consider emailing me!  Until the next adventure......Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment