Monday, October 1, 2012

Homecoming Blog!

This past week was homecoming week here at Coe College! Homecoming here at Coe is a pretty big deal, and the whole week is full of great events including things like a parade, a 5k race, a football game, a bunch of alumni events, a carnival and finally a huge dance for all of the students on saturday night!
During the week, one big thing that happens is Coe's student body gets to chose the homecoming king and queen. All week the homecoming court competes in things like talent shows to influence the students to vote for them. Finally, on friday night, a king and queen were chosen, and announced at a school wide Pep Rally.



Jacob and DeAnna Homecoming King and Queen!
Kyle and Coach Hannah win the 5k
On Saturday all of the fun begins! For me it started with a morning wake up at 6 am, so that I could run before the morning 5k that I was scheduled to work! It was really weird for me working a 5k instead of running it, but it was awesome to see a former teammate Kyle Heineman win the whole thing on the mens side and our coach Hannah Weiss win the womens.

Cross country team working the 5k!


After the 5k, I went straight to the parade, where I walked as a member of my fraternity, It was awesome to get to stroll around Coe with a great group of guys, and hand out candy to students faculty, and Coe alumni.


PKT walking the Parade!




Once the parade ended, I was lucky enough to get to take a power nap, to get back some of the energy I would need for the rest of the day! Following the nap, I went straight to the football game, to watch an undefeated Coe team win in a dominating fashion. What was cool about the game was that there was also a huge carnival outside the stadium, filled with free food! As a college student you learn to enjoy as many opportunities for free food as you can, so this was like paradise for us!
Enjoying the Carnival!

Finally, as it began to get darker, campus was quiet again, as everyone was back in their rooms getting all dressed up for the homecoming dance. I have always loved dances, but what is cool about Coe's dance is that even if you decide dancing isnt for you, there is still plenty of other things to do! It is really cool that every student really does go, so we are all together, and it is always fun to see everyone dressed up!

Coe College! We clean up nice!

Overall, I would say that for me homecoming is my favorite week here at Coe! I am already looking forward to next year, and being able to do it all again!

Until The Next Adventure, Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment