Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Birthday Coe Style

Today was my first birthday ever here at Coe! Last year, I was actually in Madison for a writing conference, so I was still unsure what to expect having my birthday in such a close community like Coe! Overall it was a great day, and one great thing about being at such a small school is that  everyone really does know everyone, and everyone here really went out of their way to do nice things for me! I woke up to happy birthday being played, and my roomates made me breakfast, which was awesome!
Breakfast In Bed! Courtesy of my roomates


 As the day went on, people would stop me and wish me happy birthday,  and not only students, but teachers too. After my classes, I went to practice, and it was a great workout, there is no better feeling in the world than working hard, and feeling accomplished after you are done! The last great thing that happenend on my birthday actually happened in our dining hall, a few teammates actually got the whole dining hall to sing me happy birthday. It was pretty embarassing at first, but it also made me realize that there is nothing quite like this small school feel that we are able to get every single day here at Coe. I realized at that point that there is no place in the whole world I would rather be that part of this COEmunity:)
Until the Next Adventure,
Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment