Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pres Ball Weekend and Grinnel Meet

This weekend at Coe was Pres Ball Weekend! The Presidential Ball is a giant dance that is hosted by President Phifer and takes place in the gym in Eby. Unfortunately, I was feeling a little under the weather and did not end up attending. Everyone I talked to says that Pres Ball was awesome, and that the food and dancing made for a great night. It kinda stinks that I was unable to go, but I guess that will just make the next three years when I am able to attend that much better!
  The next morning, the Kohawk Track and Field teams travelled to Grinnel Iowa to compete at a meet there. This meet was full of great competition, and we were ready to compete. Like mentioned earlier, I was sick, and chose to run my first mile of the season. The mile is a completely different race than the 800, but I still ran a very competitive race. The great thing about this season so far is that as the season progresses, we are getting closer and closer as a team. At Grinnel this was clearly evident, because we all spent the day together, joking around with each other, and cheering for our teammates during their events.
Team Bonding at Grinnel!
 Hopefully we will be able to keep this great chemistry up, and run great times the next two weekends, and especially at the conference meet!
 Until The Next Adventure,
Ryan Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment