Saturday, November 12, 2011

Studious Ryan is back and The end of a great season

November 12th Regionals Weekend                               
After Conference, we had some time off before our NCAA postseason meets began. I chose to spend the two weeks of no meets by catching up on some homework...exciting right? My accounting class was one that i chose to concentrate mostly on. I had some trouble learning the material, but one thing that is great about Coe is that even though accounting is my biggest class, it still only has twenty five people in it, and Professor Hansen is an awesome guy, who is always available after class to help you further understand the material. I've only been at Coe for a couple of months now, but i couldn’t imagine being at a big state school where that teacher student relationship isn’t as prominent. After a couple weeks of being extremely studious....and some pretty awesome pizza breaks all over Cedar Rapids, I was ready to race again! Sectionals was at Wartburg in Waverly, which was an extremely great course. The day of the meet, it was freezing, but as a team we heated up quick, we all rebounded from our poor races at Conference, and we even had two national qualifiers, congratulations Keelie Finnel and Kyle Heineman! Two weeks from now, they will be lucky enough  to run at the national meet in Oshkosh Wisconsin. As for me, my first season as a Kohawk ended that day at the regional meet, but I knew that after a short break to work on my freshman portfolio, I would be right in the thick of things, running hard to make my mark in track season.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment